Hilton HHonors Celebrates 25 Years of Member Loyalty
This year, Hilton HHonors, the loyalty program for Hilton Worldwide’s 10 distinct hotel brands, celebrates its 25th anniversary. Since the first member joined in 1987, HHonors has grown to more than 30 million members worldwide, offering more ways to earn and redeem points than any other guest-loyalty program. To celebrate its anniversary, Hilton HHonors will be rewarding members throughout the next two months with the 25 Million Point Giveaway and the 25 Days of Winning sweepstakes.
Now through September 18, 2012, the 25 Million Point Giveaway will award one member each day with 1 million HHonors points, along with dozens of runner-up, instant-win prizes including HHonors points, gift cards and prize packages from Hilton Worldwide’s 10 hotel brands. Members can enter to win daily on the Hilton HHonors Facebook page at www.Facebook.com/HiltonHHonors.
The anniversary celebration continues with the 25 Days of Winning sweepstakes from October 1 to 25, 2012. Every day for 25 days, HHonors members will be encouraged to visit www.HHonors.com/25days for a chance to win exceptional prizes, from a New Year’s Eve getaway to Times Square, New York to HHonors Diamond status for a year. Beyond the sweepstakes, many of the prizes are also available for purchase with Hilton HHonors points, through the global HHonors Shopping Mall or HHonors Experience Rewards.
“As a company, it was always our goal to build an industry-leading loyalty program, but it’s because of our loyal members that Hilton HHonors has grown into the awarding-winning program it is today,” said Jeff Diskin, senior vice president, global customer marketing, Hilton Worldwide. “I am proud of the milestones we have surpassed over these 25 years and we look forward to continuing to earn the loyalty of frequent travelers.”
Hilton HHonors now enables members to create experiences worth sharing at more than 3,800 hotels in 91 countries. Throughout the past 25 years, major milestones for the guest-loyalty program have included:
- 1987: Program began as an “Instant Win” scratch-off promotion tied to U.S. Olympic Team sponsorship honoring Olympians past and present.
- 1996: The word about Hilton HHonors spreads. The program reached its first million members.
- 1997: Expanded to hotels within the Hilton Worldwide portfolio outside of the U.S.
- 2001: Dedicated Diamond VIP Desk opened for HHonors Diamond members.
- 2002: Hilton HHonors grew to 10 million members.
- 2004: First Hilton HHonors online reward reservation took place.
- 2006: Introduced Hilton HHonors Giving Back program, allowing members to donate their Hilton HHonors points to charitable organizations.
- 2007: Announced Experience Rewards, allowing members to redeem points for a diverse range of lifestyle activities.
- 2008: Became the only hotel guest loyalty program to offer members both Points & Miles? and No Blackout Dates. 20 million travelers enrolled in the program and learned about the ways to earn and redeem points through Hilton HHonors.
- 2011: Launched a global rebranding initiative built on the platform “Hilton HHonors, A World of Experiences Worth Sharing” and introduced three new reward options for members, including Points and Money, Premium Room Rewards and Room Upgrade Rewards. Hilton HHonors celebrated 30 million HHonors members, surpassing previous membership records.
To participate in the anniversary celebrations, members can visit www.Facebook.com/HiltonHHonors for the 25 Million Point Giveaway and www.HHonors.com/25Days for the 25 Days of Winning sweepstakes. For more information or to become a Hilton HHonors member, visit HHonors.com.