Carnival Cruise Lines to Return to Boston in 2013 with Four- to Seven-Day Canada Cruises Aboard Carnival Glory
With less than six weeks until the startup of Carnival Cruise Lines? first extended schedule from Boston aboard the Carnival Glory, the cruise line and Cruiseport Boston have announced that the ship will return to the refurbished Black Falcon Cruise Terminal in 2013 to operate a series of cruises to Atlantic Canada next summer.
When Carnival Glory arrives in Boston next year, it will offer a variety of new dining, bar and entertainment options that are being added during a dry dock in November 2012 as part of the line?s ongoing ?Fun Ship 2.0? enhancement program.
Carnival Glory?s 2013 schedule from Boston will encompass four-day cruises to Saint John, New Brunswick, departing Sundays and five-day voyages to Saint John and Halifax, Nova Scotia, departing Tuesdays and Thursdays, from June 4 to July 7. Carnival is the only cruise line offering short cruises from Boston. Carnival Glory will also offer three seven-day cruises departing June 9 and July 14 and 21, 2013, visiting Portland, Maine; Saint John; Halifax; and Sydney, Nova Scotia.
New features added to the Carnival Glory during its upcoming dry dock include:
- Guy?s Burger Joint, a complimentary poolside venue offering fresh-made burgers, hand-cut fries and innovative toppings and condiments created by Food Network personality and chef Guy Fieri
- BlueIguana Cantina, a free-of-charge Mexican cantina with authentic tacos and burritos that can be personalized by diners at an extensive salsa and toppings bar
- Alchemy Bar, a cocktail ?pharmacy? where highly trained mixologists create custom cocktails using interesting flavors and ingredients
- EA SPORTS Bar, an interactive sports bar where patrons can view live action, play popular EA SPORTS video games and keep up with the latest scores on the 24/7 sports ticker
- RedFrog Rum Bar, a poolside Caribbean-themed watering hole offering a variety of the region?s top rums and beers, which are enjoyed in a laid back island-infused atmosphere
- BlueIguana Tequila Bar, a friendly rival to the RedFrog Rum Bar, this lively and engaging poolside bar specializes in frozen cocktails and Mexican beers, in a fun and festive environment
- The Punchliner Comedy Club & Punchliner Comedy Brunch Presented by George Lopez, who is taking Carnival?s popular comedy offerings to the next level with hilarious, side-splitting comedians and a humorous twist on the traditional mid-morning culinary feast
- Hasbro, The Game Show, where guests are part of the show with larger-than-life adaptations of the company?s iconic and popular board games presented in the ship?s main show lounge
- Playlist Productions, which takes Carnival?s legendary revues to another level incorporating high-tech special effects with live performances to create a memorable entertainment experience
- The Taste Bar, a new casual dining option featuring complimentary bite-size offerings inspired by ?Fun Ship 2.0? dining venues, along with a signature cocktail tied to that eatery?s particular theme available for purchase.
- Cherry On Top, which celebrates the joys of simple indulgences with bins of bulk candy, fun fanciful gifts and novelties, custom apparel and more
?Consumer response to our initial Boston cruises aboard the Carnival Glory has been exceptional as these convenient and affordable departures provide residents of the Northeastern U.S. with a fun, memorable vacation option ? right from their own backyard,? said Gerry Cahill, Carnival president and CEO.? ?We?re pleased that the Carnival Glory will return to Boston next year with even more fantastic dining, bar and entertainment innovations for our guests to enjoy,? he added.
The Massachusetts Port Authority recently spent $11 million in capital improvements to its Cruiseport Boston Black Falcon Cruise Terminal with the expectation that the investment would pay dividends in a busier terminal.
?We are delighted Carnival Glory is coming back to Cruiseport Boston in 2013,?? said David S. Mackey, Interim CEO & Executive Director of the Massachusetts Port Authority. ?The Carnival Glory is the largest ship to be home-based at Cruiseport Boston, and the additional seven-day itineraries that will be added next year offer more cruising choices to more New Englanders.??
Unforgettable Shoreside Experiences Within Atlantic Canada
Saint John, featured on four-day cruises, is a nature lover?s paradise highlighted by such landmarks as the Bay of Fundy, with its backdrop of rugged rock formations, and Reversing Falls, where the highest tides in the world intersect with the Saint John River and force it to flow backwards twice daily. Also popular is the city?s Historic District, lined with stately Victorian homes, elegant churches and quaint boutiques and eateries.
Five-day cruises call at both Saint John and Halifax, Nova Scotia?s charming and historic capital offering a host of outstanding restaurants, shops, and museums and unique cultural experiences. Guests can also visit Peggy?s Cove, a rustic fishing village famous for its granite coastline, tour the city?s many lighthouses, or observe the changing of the guard at The Citadel, a centuries-old fortress.
Seven-day cruises feature visits to Saint John and Halifax, as well as stops at Portland, Maine; and Sydney, Nova Scotia.
Located on the south coast of Maine, Portland is widely known for its rugged landscape and delectable cuisine, particularly lobster. Guests can experience this waterfront city?s diverse culture and heritage or visit nearby Kennebunkport, a coastal town offering picturesque views and a variety of recreational activities.
Sydney, Nova Scotia, is a charming city with plenty of attractions, museums and shopping opportunities. It is also located within close proximity of the historic Cabot Trail, named after explorer John Cabot who discovered the region in 1497 and offers breathtaking views of the North Atlantic seaboard and its awe-inspiring natural beauty.
Additional Information and Reservations
For additional information and reservations, contact any travel agent, call 1-800-CARNIVAL or visit carnival.com.