Bill Marriott Challenges You to a Cook-Off
So you think you can cook? Bill Marriott is holding his first cook-off challenge. Using random ingredients, can you whip up a delicious meal? Send him a photo and recipe and he will declare a winner.
?This began as a contest among Marriott European chefs,? said Bill Marriott, Executive Chairman, Marriott International. ?I want to open it up to all cooks. Be creative with the ingredients.?
[box]How to enter:
- Prepare a meal using only the ingredients listed above.
- Send a photo and brief description via email or Facebook.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/MarriottInternational
- All entries will be posted to Facebook?s Marriott International page
- Entry deadline: August 15th[/box]
The winner will receive a congratulatory phone call from Bill Marriott.
Bill Marriott?s idea for a cook-off was inspired by the region-wide cooking contest in Marriott kitchens across Europe. Teams of chefs were given a box filled with random ingredients that they used to create a three-course meal. The Forest of Arden, a Marriott Hotel & Country Club in Birmingham, England came out on top. Their meal consisted of a trio of salmon as a starter, a taster of game as the entr?e, and a lemon meringue tart with raspberry mayonnaise strawberry sorbet and Chantilly cream for dessert.